Books by William H. Kötke
There is a growing school of thought that projects a catastrophic socio-economic collapse in this century. The timeline varies from one commentator to the next, but the scenarios are much the same: the inhabitants of the earth will suffer through a difficult period of population recession when the real cost of poor resource management comes due on the planet. Once considered heresy, now trickling into the main stream, this projection follows closely with the 100-year extrapolation of the Club of Rome's no-change-in-the-way-we-live curve that some call "the die-off." It is also directly connected to peak oil, global warming, the collapse of the ocean fisheries, and worldwide pandemic potentials. As visionary writer William H. Kötke might say, it marks the end of empire. Kötke's The Final Empire is the environmental classic. The whole story. How we've gone wrong. And how we get back on track. Garden Planet is his short, concise blueprint for restoring Earth's natural garden paradise after the fall.
Articles by William H. Kötke
- THE PLAN
- Kötke provides us with a plan to save the life of the earth and the human species.
- THE REVOLUTION THAT IS ARISING FROM THE EARTH
- Kötke details how people at the base of society are amid a new and positive revolution. No, this is not about a revolt against the power elites; it's about communities listening to the earth and learning to empower themselves.
- Kötke reviews this extraordinary book from Russia about the return of the Goddess of Nature.
- COMMON SENSE AND SURVIVAL
- Kötke articulates the common sense of survivial through permaculture.
- WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE, TO BE HERE ON PLANET EARTH?
- Willam H. Kötke asks the simple questions: What right do we have to be here if we can't fit in with the rest of the community of life? What right do we have to be here if we can't respect the Planet?